The app also offers the BBC World Service Radio streamed live, social features and personalisation so you can re-order the news categories to suit your interests.
Top Stories brings you the latest, breaking news from our trusted global network of journalists.
My News is a feature allowing you to personalise your news offering.
Add topics wherever you see the + icon for a quick route straight to the stories you care about.
Stories from topics you add will appear in your personalised My News feed. Here you can order stories by topic or time, and use the Manage Topics screen to stay on top of the news of the day.
Find content fast
The app can suggest topics based on your location, stories you’ve recently viewed and what’s in the news now.
And you can quickly find content and topics that interest you using the Search. Choose from the familiar list of BBC News indexes such as Politics, Business, Entertainment and Health or search for your own subjects of interest whether they’re people, places, things or themes
More of the news you care about
We now offer a fuller selection of stories from the newsroom, including:
- Popular. Keep on top of popular stories and videos from across the BBC, regularly updated throughout the day
- Live BBC World Service Radio, available in the Live tab, Expertise and insight from our journalists available 24-hours a day and ready to listen to in the background as you browse
- Read the best journalism from BBC correspondents
- Access to our full range of video and audio
- Photo galleries and full-screen images
- Push notifications for the latest important news stories
- My News Follow topics you are interested in and find them in the My News tab
- Video over 3G and wifi
- Improved offline experience. Download the latest stories when you have a signal and then read them at your leisure
- Settings to allow the app to automatically update in the background
- Share stories to your social networks, or email/SMS to a friend
- Font controls to increase or decrease the story text size to suit you
- Related stories, related topics. Go deeper into a storyline with suggestions for further reading and viewing and a range of topics related to each story
If you choose to receive push notifications, a unique identifier relating to your device will be stored by Airship on behalf of the BBC to provide you with the service. You can choose to unsubscribe from BBC News push notifications in 'Settings'.
No other personal data relating to you (such as a username or email address) is processed.
You can choose to unsubscribe from push notifications in the app’s settings screen.