Bookmarks management (use, gather, categorize, search, import/export, maintain).
|Updated||Aug 07, 2017 (4 years ago)|
The Bookmarks Lite application lets you manage your web links (bookmarks, internet URL shortcuts) by:
• gathering (from web browsers),
• accumulating, saving, storing web links on your Android device in form of Windows and/or Linux internet shortcut files (.url and/or .desktop files),
• filtering, searching,
• importing/exporting (converting),
• maintaining (creating, editing, coping, moving, cutting/pasting, renaming, deleting),
• transferring (for example between your Android device and PC),
• and opening weblinks in browsers on your Android device.
The Bookmarks Lite app shows ads and has some functional limitations (unlike the Bookmarks full app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.actionnodes.bookmarks.full).
The application's use case scenarios include:
Saving web page's URL shortcuts (web links, bookmarks)
• When you have opened a web page in a browser and want to save the web page's URL shortcut for future use, you can do that by tapping the browser's share button or menu item, choose the Bookmarks Lite app from list of apps, then in the opened Bookmarks Lite app, navigate to a desired folder (creating folders if needed) on your device's file system and by the SAVE button, save the web link into the folder.
Please see according sections below.
Filtering and searching folders content
• It lets you quickly find and open web link(s) or folder(s) previously stored somewhere on your device in the past. It's useful if the total number of web links and folders is big.
• To find the wanted web links using the filter/search feature, first navigate to a "parent" (a "root") folder that you think may contain the wanted weblinks, then tap the TOOLS button in the action bar and type in the search text box some keyword or a phrase that you think might identify the wanted web link's title or address, and then tap either FILTER or SEARCH button - the app will highlight all folders and files (including web link files) that match your search criteria.
• The search options are: SHOW IRRELEVANT ITEMS, CASE SENSITIVE FILTER, FILTER BY: TITLES/FILENAMES, LINKS, FILE CONT.
• When the filter/search operation completes, you can either manually navigate through the filtered/searched folder structure, or by the SEARCH/NEXT button let the Bookmarks Lite app navigate directly to the first/next found web link.
Maintaining weblink files and folders
• To move (cut/paste), rename, copy, delete files and folders, tap EDIT MODE button, select the wanted files and folders and tap the according buttons in the action bar. Renaming also possible by a context popup menu on a particular file or folder.
Creating a folder
• Tap CREATE FOLDER button, enter the new folder name and confirm.
Creating a weblink (URL shortcuts) file
• Tap CREATE URL SHORTCUT menu item, enter the new shortcut file name, URL address and confirm.
Sorting folders and (weblink) files
• In the tools panel, set whether sort order is CASE SENSITIVE, ASC. or DESC.
Wrapping and unwrapping names of folders, (weblink) files and URL addresses
• For better visibility of list items, toggle wrapping/unwrapping by check-boxes in the tools panel.
Exporting web-links (URL shortcuts) as HTML file
• While in EDIT MODE, select one or many web-link files and/or folders and tap EXPORT SHORTCUTS AS HTML FILE menu item. The web-links will be exported as an .html file.
Toggling between advanced/simple navigation controls
• Tapping SHOW ADVANCED/SIMPLE NAVIGATION CONTROLS menu item switches between types of navigation controls. The advanced controls let you pre-store paths to your favorite folders and instantly jump to them later.
• Tap IMPORT BOOKMARKS - SHOW TABS menu item. It will show tabs on the top helping you to import bookmarks from HTML files, Android browser, Chrome browser accordingly.
• Advanced help info is available in the application.
Turn on update notification
Mele Apps · Productivity
4.0 ★ 10,000+
Ryoichi Fukugawa · Productivity
4.3 ★ 100,000+
Team Evizon · Tools
4.3 ★ 10,000+
RustyBrick · News & Magazines
4.6 ★ 5,000+
Li Jane · Tools
4.5 ★ 10,000+
Siber Systems Inc · Productivity
3.9 ★ 50,000+
Art Of Tunnel · Tools
4.4 ★ 500,000+
Mojang · Education
3.7 ★ 500,000+
Google LLC · Tools
5.0 ★ 5,000,000,000+
Green Dot · Finance
4.5 ★ 500,000+
Telenor-Pakistan · Business
3.9 ★ 100,000+
Tcodes · Tools
4.2 ★ 50,000+
TomTom International BV · Maps & Navigation
4.3 ★ 5,000,000+
Calm.com, Inc. · Health & Fitness
4.2 ★ 10,000,000+
How to install Split APKs (App Bundle), OBB, ZIP, XAPK, APKM.