Try before you buy! See the full word list, preview 50 dictionary entries, and test the app's features.
With 140,000 words, phrases, meanings, and examples, Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary, Fourth Edition (CALD) is trusted by millions of English learners worldwide.
Every dictionary entry has thesaurus sections that show related words, phrases and synonyms for each meaning, helping you to expand your English knowledge.
Informed by the Cambridge English Corpus, the dictionary is ideal for IELTS, BEC, and Cambridge English First, Advanced, and Proficiency exam preparation.
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers
• Flash Card Quiz to help you memorize new words.
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words
• Search History to revise your recent searches
• Table of English irregular verbs provides a useful reference resource
• CALD will understand and find a word from any grammatical form
• Android Share – select any text on websites or emails and share with CALD to get definitions of the words
• Copy any text from other apps and choose ‘Look up clipboard’ in CALD to see meanings of words one by one
• Similar Words Search in case of misspelling
• Wildcard Search – use “?” and “*” symbols to replace letters if you’re unsure of the correct spelling.
• Anagram Search (e.g. tab-bat)
Founded in the mid-16th century, Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Playing a leading role in today's global educational market, Cambridge University Press publishes titles written by authors in over 100 different countries.