Citizen of Rome - Dynasty Ascendant Game
You get to see how life was in the Ancient Republic, participate in their various customs, festivals and Ludi / sporting competitions, while raising a family and moving up in the social and economic hierarchy of Rome.
You can educate your children, marry them off, sponsor their elections and much more. You'll usually play as the eldest of your sons once your character dies.
The game is open-ended without a set endgame just like in real life, but a grand goal for any ambitious Roman family was to land a Consulship of the republic. This could be your goal in the game as well, climbing the Cursus Honorum and becoming a "New Man" - "Novus Homo"
WARNING: The game just like fate will beat you down from time to time and you might find all that you worked for being taken away from you in an instant, but the way things are set up you'll almost certainly end up growing wealthy and reach the Senatorial class at some point despite various setbacks. There is no game-over and life goes on no matter what
A core philosophy of the game is that just like in real life, there's no winning or losing, just experiencing life and having fun at it no matter where it takes you. The game should be fun in its own way at every level, no matter if you're a prole or a senator, but with things just playing differently and with different goals and challenges
We've been constantly adding new things to the game and hope to continue to do so going forward, especially based on player feedback; Please contribute any ideas, bugs and suggestions via our Discord or an email to email@example.com
• Fully offline, no Ads, no In-App Purchases
• Full life sim with: Marriage, Birth, Health/Illnesses, Death, and Succession
• Property and Economy
• Several key Roman festivals
• Traits and Skills & Education
• Apprenticeships and employment
• Elections, Warfare and Class progression
• Random interactions and events
• Dark Mode
• Modding support (Write external storage perm required for this), see https://rome.rangergo.net/modding-support/
• Personality traits, Heir Designation, Inheritable character portraits and much more
Long live the Republic!
Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/ZVkxjC5
Read an excellent player made guide - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1993435956