Tala: Mobile Loan App Kenya app
Kenya’s #1 lending app, bringing you instant loans directly to your M-Pesa.
Apply now through our secure and easy to use mobile app and get your loan decision in seconds!
How simple is the process?
• Download the Tala app
• Fill out our quick loan application in the Tala mobile app
• Verify your identity through our secure system
• Get cash sent directly to your M-Pesa in an instant
How do I repay my loan?
• Repay your loan with M-PESA Xpress or through our Paybill 851900 and the phone number you sign up with
• You can pay in full or make partial payments, anytime on or before your due date
• Easy repayment schedule keeps you on track with your payments
The benefits of Tala in-app features at your fingertips:
• Personal security PIN to ensure protection
• Track your credit with My Tala Status
• Easy repayment schedule that keeps you on track with your payments
• Millions of Tala customer success stories to inspire you on your journey
What are my loan terms?
Customers can express a preference for loan terms up to 120 days.
• 120-day loan payment terms have a one-time fee of 13-33%*
• Grow with Tala and build your limit up to KSh 30,000 by making your loan repayments on time
• For example, for a 120-day loan with principal amount of KSh 1,000, the service fee would be KSh330 and the total amount due would be KSh 1,330.
Depending on the loan amount for which you are eligible, you have the option to choose repayment terms for up to 120 days.
Have questions? Visit www.tala.co.ke to check out our FAQs
Ready to get started? Download the Tala app and apply for a loan today.
Privacy and permissions: When you download Tala, we will ask to scan your M-Pesa SMS and other information in order to verify your identity, creditworthiness, and provide you the fastest loan in Kenya. We take privacy very seriously and your personal information will never be shared without your direct permission.
Terms and Conditions: Tala charges a one-time service fee of 5-33%* of principal amount. Repayment schedules may vary. There is no minimum payment period for repayment; customers may make payments towards their principal at any time following disbursement. A one-time late fee of 8% of the total amount still owed may be applied to loans past due. No other fees will be charged after this time. Additional terms and conditions apply.
*Effective APR: 39.6-243.5%. Tala will never charge you more than the amount of your service fee (plus a one-time late fee if you do not pay by the due date). Fees do not compound or accrue.