Tallinja - Plan your bus trip App
Bus updates in real time, reservation of future trips and much more to discover.
One of the most important advantages of the new Tallinja App: you will be able to add your Tallinja Card for your payments through credit and debit cards or vouchers. You can top up the card, check your balance any time and even see your actual bus and ferry trips and transaction history to be always ready to enjoy your journey. This contactless card will make it easier than ever for you to travel by bus and ferry, as it can be used on all the buses in Malta and Gozo and the ferries going from Sliema to Valletta and from Cospicua to Valletta in both directions. Using the Tallinja card has other benefits: you will be charged cheaper fares than if you pay directly on the bus or ferry. A fare for every journey will be deducted automatically from your available credit. An easy time-saving process! More details here: https://www.publictransport.com.mt/en/tallinja-card
But Tallinja App has much more to offer. The application has many other functions that will let you move around the island combining all the mobility bus services offered by Malta Public Transport:
● My Next Bus: Locate your nearest bus stop on the map and check all available bus lines that will take you to your chosen destination. You can tap on a specific bus stop to get to know the estimated time of arrival within the next 30 minutes. An icon of a bus on top of the line represents updates in realtime, which will allow you to always plan your displacements.
● My Card: In this section of the application you will be able to manage and keep a record of your payments and balance of your Tallinja Card and add your credit card to reserve and book your trip on TD Plus.
● The journey planner: Plan your bus trips and choose your destination in advance; routes will be suggested to make your journeys more efficient and time-saving. Check your favourite destinations, that will also appear in the journey planner on the map. Also, you will be updated on any changes your transport routes may experience.
● TD Plus: TD Plus is a public transport on-demand bus service operated by Malta Public Transport that checks the best ride available and shows you your trip details. Book your seat or make a reservation for a future trip in one of the shared premium buses by choosing your pick-up and drop-off point. You will also be able to book a trip between bus stops without worrying about whether there is space on the bus.
● Favourites: Create your favourites list including your most visited destinations or most common bus stops or bus lines. This easy access will save you time when planning future bus journeys. You will also have the option of deleting an address previously added to the favourites list if you no longer find it useful.
The Tallinja App keeps a list of future reservations made on TD Plus, planned trips using the bus service and cancelled trips for you to access when required.
You can always contact Malta Public Transport in case of incidence, or if you want to report a bug or make a suggestion, query or complaint. Tallinja also provides tutorials that explain the main functions in order to help you understand the different options that the application provides.
In addition, you also have the option of modifying your personal information or changing your password.
Tallinja's new mobile application has arrived to change the way you move and will continue to improve your experience when using any of Malta Public Transport’s services. Moving around Malta will no longer be a challenge, now is the perfect time to discover every corner of the island while you safe time and money - but most importantly: while you enjoy your experience to the fullest.
The new Tallinja App is powered by Meep (www.meep.app).