Note: As of mid 2018, Gboard - the Google Keyboard allows for both handwriting and keyboard input. Google Handwriting Input is in maintenance mode, and new languages and improved recognizers will be deployed only to Gboard, so we encourage you to visit https://support.google.com/gboard/answer/9108773 to give it a try and let us know if you encounter any problems.
• A useful complement to touchscreen typing or voice input
• A fun way to enter emojis by drawing
• Useful for languages that can be challenging to type on a standard keyboard
• Works across your Android phones and tablets running Android 4.0.3 and up
• If you claim your handwriting is terrible, try it out and see if it can convince you otherwise