Every week The Tablet provides in-depth and balanced coverage on a wide range of subjects and its contribution to topical issues is strengthened by its contributors: each issue contains the work of writers drawn from all over the world, whose names are familiar in their particular field of experience.
The Church in the World section reports on events within the Church internationally, covering Europe, Rome, Asia, the Pacific, Africa and the Americas. The Home News section reports on news within UK churches, both Catholic and other Christian. In addition the latest church documents are analysed and discussed
The Notebook section gives a light-hearted round-up of recent events, often with a humorous tone and the Letters section offers lively and intelligent debate from readers worldwide.
No mention of The Tablet would be complete without reference to the widely respected Books section. Its detailed reviews are comprehensive, across a wide variety of subjects from philosophy to film appreciation and Christian apologetics to crime fiction. And the Arts section includes reviews of galleries and exhibitions, theatre, cinema, television, radio, music and opera.
The digital edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to 26 November 2011. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere.