Use the Galaxy Wearable application to set up and manage the following features:
- Mobile device connection/disconnection
- Software updates
- Clock settings
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
- Notification type and settings, etc.
Install the Galaxy Wearable application on your mobile device, then pair your wearable devices via Bluetooth to enjoy all of its features.
※ Settings and features provided by the Galaxy Wearable application are only available when your wearable device is connected to your mobile device. Features will not work properly without a stable connection between your wearable device and your mobile device.
※ The Galaxy Wearable application does not support the Gear VR or Gear 360.
※ only for Galaxy Buds models, The Galaxy Wearable application can be used with tablets .
※ Supported devices vary depending on your region, operator, and device model.
※ Please allow the Galaxy Wearable application permissions in Android Settings so you can use all the functions in Android 6.0.
Settings > Apps > Galaxy Wearable > Permissions
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
- Location: Used to search for nearby devices for Gear through Bluetooth
- Storage: Used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gear
- Telephone: Used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps
- Contacts: Used to provide services that need to be linked with accounts using registered Samsung account information
- Calendar : Used to sync and show your events on your watch.
- Call logs : Used to show call history on your watch.
- SMS : Used to sync and show messages on your watch